Nicholas Fuentes, a white nationalist who was banned from Twitter last year, tried to get back on the social media site now that it’s owned by free speech advocate Elon Musk — only to be turned away by the platform once again.
Fuentes — who has been banned by other tech sites including YouTube, Reddit, TikTok, Spotify, Venmo and Clubhouse for making several incendiary comments deemed racist and anti-Semitic — created new Twitter accounts in hopes of rejoining the service, according to the Daily Beast.
Among the new Twitter handles that Fuentes created in hopes of getting back onto the microblogging site were @spookygoblin8, according to the Daily Beast.
The Post has sought comment from Fuentes and Twitter.
Fuentes first gained notoriety in 2017 when he said he was forced to leave Boston University, where he was enrolled as a student, after receiving threats for taking part in the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va.
He would eventually found an organization called America First Foundation, which the Justice Department has deemed a white nationalist organization.
Fuentes was removed from several tech platforms last year after making controversial comments about the US losing its “white demographic core” while praising the riots at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, as “awesome.”
He also suggested killing legislators who did not support efforts to overturn the 2020 election, according to Forbes.
At the time he was suspended by Twitter late last year, Fuentes had more than 125,000 followers.
Musk, who completed his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter last week, has pledged to reverse some of the site’s content moderation policies, including the imposition of lifetime bans for those who post misinformation or racist comments.
The Wall Street Journal reported last week that several top brands were prepared to cut ties with Twitter if Musk followed through on his intent to reinstate the account of former President Donald Trump, who was banned from the site in the wake of the events of Jan. 6, 2021.
Musk over the weekend said no decisions have been made on reinstating accounts and that he would convene a special “content moderation council with widely diverse viewpoints.”
“No major content decisions or account reinstatements will happen before that council convenes,” Musk tweeted.